Spring cleaning isn’t just for indoors. Your Indianapolis-area home’s exterior and landscaping can usually benefit from some spring cleaning and maintenance. Once the chill is out of the air (but before it gets too hot out) is a great time of year for outdoor home improvements. At TAG Exteriors, we know the ins and outs of seasonal maintenance, so we’re sharing our top 8 red flags to look out for this spring.
Spot the Red Flags
Take a walk around your house to see if winter has wrought any damage. Here are some of the red flags to look for:
Is there any sinking or pooling of water around the foundation?
- Are there any new cracks in the foundation?
- Look up to the roof to see if it has sustained any damage. This can be tricky to spot. If you aren’t comfortable climbing up onto the roof but you suspect a problem, call in a roofing contractor to take a look.
- While you’re looking up, look at the gutters and downspouts. Make sure there are no sagging pieces or any obvious leaks.
- Check your siding to be sure there are no missing or loose pieces.
- Check your hardscaping for cracked or heaving masonry or concrete.
- If you have older doors, go back inside and make sure they close easily and that there are no drafts.
- Cracked windows are easy to spot. Ditto with foggy or leaky windows that need to be replaced. If you felt cold drafts near your windows over the winter, it may be time to consider replacement windows.
Outdoor Home Improvements in Indianapolis
If your visual inspection finds anything out of the ordinary or that causes concern, it’s time to call in the professionals for outdoor home improvements. The team of experts at TAG Exteriors is knowledgeable, skilled, and offers great customer service. Contact us today at (317) 757-5005 to set up an appointment for your free estimate. We’d love to add you to our list of satisfied customers in the Indianapolis area.
Photo credit: creative commons via Pixabay.